CDM encourages your parish to embrace a Family Perspective through the presence of Divorce Ministry.
Divorce Ministry INFORMS
- parishioners of Catholic teaching on marriage and divorce.
- separating couples on programs available that can help their failing relationship.
- the divorced on what the Catholic annulment process is and is not.
- the divorced where to find Christian Counseling for self and family.
Divorce Ministry INVITES
- the divorced family into full participation of parish life.
Divorce Ministry ENCOURAGES
- healing through Christ’s love and understanding by providing healing services, special masses, workshops, programming, and publications for the divorced.
- the divorced to remain connected to their faith community.
Divorce Ministry AFFIRMS
- that the divorced family is still family and is holy.
- and recognizes the unique needs of single parents and their children.
Divorce Ministry LISTENS TO AND RECONCILES
- families who have experienced divorce or who are in irregular marriages following a divorce and who feel excommunicated and alienated because of their circumstances.
Divorce Ministry PRAYS
- with and for the divorced and their families, specifically including them in the mass petitions.
- with the divorced before and during their annulment process, asking Christ’s healing through it.
Download this article in one-page PDF format, suitable for printing.